Belly fat is more dangerous because it leads to diabetes and heart disease the fat cells are different than the fat cells in thighs and the arms and unfortunately these fat cells have more toxic substances that drain directly into the liver increasing your risk of disease. Take a look mymonavie.com/victorgenchimd
For each 12 ounce sugar sweetened beverage you drink you INCREASE your risk of developing Diabetes by 15% a recent meta-analysis pooled data study of 300,000 people has shown.Vasanti Malik of Harvard has done this recent study. In another study of 88,000 nurses followed for 24 years it was found that those that consumed two sugar sweetened beverages a day increased their risk of heat attack by 35%. Metabolic syndrome has an increased risk of 20% with daily consumption of 2 or more sugar sweetened beverages daily. As you know metabolic syndrome is a constellation of three or more of the following,
2. High cholesterol (triglycerides),
3. low HDL,
4. High blood pressure,
5. increased waist circumference.
Three of these and your struggling with metabolic syndrome and all it's complications.
In a Danish study those that drank a liter or more of sugar sweetened beverages doubled their muscle and liver fat as well as other visceral fat deposits. This study suggests that diet with high amounts of fructose-containing sugars could lead to an increased liver fat ( fatty liver). As fatty liver develops there is and increase in Insulin resistance as the insulin receptors are down regulated. As this happen the insulin looses its ability to lead the circulating glucose into the cells that need it and a high blood sugar is maintained.
So you may want to rethink ordering any of the following at your favorite restaurant or grocery store:
1. IHOP CINN A STACK Pancakes with old fashion syrup 1/4 cup = 1,100 calories with 23.5 added tsp of sugar
2. Cheesecake factory Black Out Cake 1,300 Calories with 38 tsp of sugar
3. Junior mints theater size 4 oz. = 480 calories with 22.5 tsp of sugar
4. M&M milk chocolate 1.7 oz = 230 calories with 8 tsp of sugar
5. Kashi GoLean Crunch ( 1 cup) = 190 calories and 3.5 tsp of sugar
6. Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheat bite size ( 21 biscuits, 1.9 oz.) = 190 calories and 3 tsp of sugar
7. Starbucks Java Chip Frappuchino ( venti, 24 oz.) = 560 calories and 18.5 tsp sugar
8. Cold Stone Creamery very Vanilla Shake ( Gotta Have It 24 Fl. oz.) = 1,550 calories and 32.5 tsp of sugar
9. Cliff Bar Maple Nut 2.4 oz. = 250 calories and 5.5 tsp of sugar
10. Kashi GoLean Chocolate Malted Crisp bar 1.9 oz = 190 calories and 4.5 tsp of sugar
90% of Americans do not eat enough green and orange vegetables, beans, dairy and whole grains. Personally I would limit or eliminate dairy and cut way back on whole grains which are very subtle contributors to many allergy and joint complaints.
Don't fall into the misinformation trap of believing that it doesn't matter where the calories come from. We know very CLEARLY now that it matters and the price many people pay is obese-ogenic life and all of the complications. Obesity is the MOTHER and FATHER of more than 80 - 90% of the disease treated in this country today. If your Obese and your BMI is 30+ your are in critical condition and I hope this information has empowered you to take action. Find a program to correct your problem, if you need help finding one call me and we can discuss your needs on an individual basis. For your convienece I have placed this link for your consideration of a medically safe, fast and effective program to get to your optimum weight.
Victor J Genchi DDS MD
Jama 292:927, 2004
Am. J Clin. Nutr 87:1662, 2008
Diabetes Care 33:2477,2010
J. Nutr. 142:251, 2012
Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 66:201, 2012
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 96:E1596, 2011
We are dedicated to medically sound health improvements.
hCG may not be the answer to your achieving optimal health, and certainly not getting you to a healthy maintainable weight.
1. hcg is not absorbed in the GI tract
2. It is secreted by the placenta during pregnancy.
3. It's main therapeutic use has been in the parenteral treatment of infertility.
4. Unfortunately it has been used by some as an undetectable stimulus to production of testosterone.
5. May be associated with promotion of cancer in some users when not being used for infertility.
6. Proper medical direction by your physician is strongly advised.
7. hCG has been found worthless for weight loss or maintenance.
Br J Clin Pharmacol 1995; 40:237
A real Solution to obesity from a Doctor dedicated to getting America healthy follows below:
Dr Wane Scott Andersen has put together an easy to read book called Habits of Health. Safe concepts are outlined how to step out of your present health misdirection if your BMI is more than 29. He has devoted love sweat and tears to clear a path to Optimal Health for all that are interested. As far as GENETICS dictating the path to obesity and poor health you will come to learn genetics plays a very small role in determining lifespan than your lifestyle. I suggest you get a copy of this book as soon as possible. Lifestyle is a factor you can control. Hey 'Luck ' play a very tiny role in determining your life span.
Below is a clip from the surgeon General of the USA, take a look-
Terrorist from within!
66% of our population is overweight or obese!
For year doctors have suggested people to loose weight and provide no direction on how to do it. This has lead to confusion and in some real damage has occurred by the metabolic changes that led to weight loss from 2 sources- fat and muscle. Our program prevents muscle loss since this will leave no way to maintain your achieved weight loss. The muscle mass must remain intact as the metabolic drive to keep the engine burning and of couse provide the strength needed to get through your day. If muscle is lost while getting to your goal weight (BMI 24.9), chronic fatigue rapidly sets in even with what was a normal activity.
Here is a clip of the Surgeon General of the USA with his thoughts on Obesity:
Dr. Oz on weight loss, libedo, Anti-Aging
Dr. Wayne Andersen has written a fine book
Dr. A's Habits of Health
This book gives a step by step program to create health in your life which begins getting to your healthy weight. It is a clear path to permanent weight control and optimal health.
The detials of the program are beyond the scope of this setting. More information can be found about the book and the program at or go to contact us.
I hope this helps you plan the steps needed to create Optimum health in your life.
Victor Genchi, DDS, MD
As a practicing Internal medicine physician, the trends that patients have chosen indicate the desire for Natural healthcare options is at the top of their list.